MyDrive Connect Installation Error – In order to manage and update the TomTom device, TomTom offers a free application to the users. This is the MyDrive Connect which is available for Windows and Mac devices. You can get your own application by visiting the website of TomTom.
However, there are some users who have reported some installation issue with the MyDrive Connect. In this blog, we will troubleshoot the MyDrive Connect installation error. If you are looking for an instant resolution of the issue, feel free to contact the TomTom Support.
Furthermore, here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix your issues.
How To Troubleshoot MyDrive Connect Installation Error?
Check System Requirements
Your device should satisfy the minimum system requirements for the MyDrive Connect. Otherwise, you can get the MyDrive Connect Installation Error.
Here are some minimum requirements that you can use to update your device accordingly:
Minimum Operating System Requirements
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Mac OS X 10.7 or above (Intel Based Mac only)
Other Minimum Requirements
- At least 2 GB RAM on your device
- A Minimum of 25 GB Space Available on the Disk
- High-Speed Internet Connection
- Keep your device and software up-to-date
If your device satisfies these requirements then you can go and install MyDrive Connect on your device. If the MyDrive Connect Installation Error persists then move to the next troubleshooting method to fix this.
Establish A Secure Internet Connection
The MyDrive Download and Installation requires a good internet connection. If your internet is not working properly or you are not using a secure network to access the internet. In such cases, you can get MyDrive Connect Installation Error.
To check whether your internet is working or not, follow these steps:
- Launch a web browser of your choice.
- Go to the search box and type anything random on it such as “TomTom Update”.
- If any search results appear on your web browser then your internet is fine.
- Otherwise, contact your Internet Service Provider to fix it.
Also, make sure you are not using an internet connection with a data limit. This can cause issues with the download and installs using MyDrive Connect. This application is mainly used for TomTom Update purpose.
If you are still unable to fix the matter then feel free to contact the TomTom Support. Talk to a skilled technician and troubleshoot your issues.
Delete MyDrive Connect and Reinstall It
If the first installation fails then you can try again after checking the above-mentioned steps. But before that, you need to remove the downloaded files and start fresh.
Here are the steps that you can try to remove the MyDrive Connect from the device:
- On your device, go to Search Box and type “MyDrive Connect”
- Hit the enter button and all the files associated with the MyDrive Connect will appear on your screen.
- Now select all these files and delete them.
- After that restart your computer and reinstall MyDrive Connect.
Once you have successfully removed the MyDrive Connect from your computer, you can move to the steps to reinstall it. You can check out the detailed steps to download and install MyDrive Connect in our various other blogs.
Also, in case of any problem, feel free to get in touch with a TomTom technician via a toll-free number.
Frequently Asked Question – TomTom Update
- TomTom MyDrive Connect not working
- Download TomTom MyDrive app
- What is the name of TomTom desktop app
- Installing TomTom MyDrive Connect
- Steps for MyDrive Connect download
- TomTom MyDrive technical problems
- TomTom connect to a computer
- Sign in to My TomTom
- Steps for TomTom free download
This is a list of common issues faced by the users that are also related to MyDrive Connect Installation Error and TomTom Update. For instant resolution of your queries feel free to contact the TomTom Support. A team of the skilled technicians is 24/7 available, call now.